Our World, Our Province, Our Future

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The New Face of the Vancouver Canucks

So how does everyone like their canucks this year? I am sure a lot of people praise the trade that sent Bertuzzi, Auld, and Allen to Florida for Luongo. But my two cents are that I cant believe they traded Auldy! I personally believe Auld is a proven goaltender already and since following his progress since we aquired him back in 1999, I don't like the trade! Power forward and proven goaltender gone to replace a position the canucks already have filled! I guess it will take time to like this new team of ours. However the players we have now aquired like Bulis, Chinouard and Tremblay add great depth to our team. This is my two cents for this week. Auld < Luongo!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Canucks are still weak on right wing. Apparently they are interested in Valeri Bure ... the problem is that they are lacking a top line right winger - Bure, Bulis, Cooke etc. are all 2nd line right wingers at best ... and with Carter gone too ... our depth at that position is lacking.

    That being said, everywhere else seems solid, especially goaltending. Luongo was a great pick-up although it was sad to see Auld go.

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Chad Pederson said…

    I unfortunately have to disagree. I think Auld was completely over-rated. He gave up huge rebounds, never had a solid net presence, and although has had good runs from time to time, he has not shown he will ever be a proven #1 in the NHL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home